Giving hope through Gifts in Wills
A gift in your Will – whatever the size – is a wonderful way to always be there for the blind and partially sighted children and adults who need your help.
Leaving a gift in your Will can be empowering and inspiring, and is often the most significant gift you can give to charity. Gifts in Wills enable Vision Foundation to continue to fund crucial projects and services that support blind and partially sighted people for now and future generations.
We want to continue to empower, inform and include those living with sight loss in our communities and create a fairer society for everyone. You can help us achieve this by leaving Vision Foundation a gift in your Will.
Our Gifts in Wills guide contains all the information you need about the importance of gifts in Wills and how to include Vision Foundation in yours, writing your Will for free and some inspiring legacy stories. You can download a PDF version of the guide for free below.
At the end of this page you can also find a flip through version of this booklet.
You might remember Rose Fyleman from your childhood, the powerhouse behind your favourite fairy poems, but that’s not the only legacy she left behind…
Alongside her famous fairy poetry, Rose wrote plays and fiction for children, information books and even opera librettos! After an illustrious publishing career, Rose Fyleman was hailed as one of the most successful children’s writers of her generation and she saw much of her early poetry become legendary.
When Rose passed away in 1957, she left royalties from her books to Vision Foundation. This powerful gift means Rose’s work has not only changed the lives of the people impacted by her writing, but continues to change lives of blind and partially sighted people through our projects every day. To find out more about building your legacy through a gift in your Will, please get in touch.
Remembering Vision Foundation in your Will
There are different types of gifts that kind supporters choose to leave in their Wills, such as:
- A residuary gift – After giving what you want to friends and family, you can leave what’s left (or a percentage of what’s left) to the Vision Foundation. This sort of gift will keep its value over time.
- A cash gift – You can leave a fixed amount of money to the Vision Foundation. Because of inflation, the value of a fixed cash gift will decrease over time, so you may want to review cash gifts from time to time. Or ask your solicitor about linking your cash gifts to the Retail Price Index so they maintain their value.
- A gift in kind – You can leave possessions to us, like property, shares, jewellery, or furniture.
- In a trust – You can set aside a sum in your Will which is left in a trust fund and given to the Vision Foundation when the term of the trust fund ends.
To remember Vision Foundation in your Will, you will need to include:
The Charity address: Vision Foundation, 18 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AA
Registered Charity number: 1074958
If you already have a Will and would like to add a gift to the Vision Foundation, you may be able to add a simple form, known as a codicil, to your existing Will. Please speak to your solicitor or Will writer to find out more.
Writing your Will for free
A lot of people worry about the cost of writing a Will, but did you know that you can have you Will written for free?
Vision Foundation has partnered with Farewill, the UK’s number 1 online Will writing service, to offer our supporters the opportunity to have their Will written completely free of charge.
Farewill offer a flexible and efficient approach to Will writing, with support and assistance along the way.
To get started and have your Will written for free, please:
By using Farewill, you are not obliged to leave Vision Foundation a gift in your Will.
Farewill do not offer telephone Wills for those which contain trusts, bespoke gifts of business assets or complex assets abroad.
Some useful resources
- Citizens Advice: advice on creating a Will and why it’s important
- GOV.UK: provides an overview of creating a Will
- Farewill.com: provides a free Will writing service for Vision Foundation
- Any further questions you may have about leaving a gift in your Will to Vision Foundation:
- Frequently Asked Questions PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions Word
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about leaving a gift to Vision Foundation in your Will, writing a Will or how gifts in Wills can inspire and transform a generation, we’d love to hear from you.
You can contact our fundraising team by:
Phone: 020 7620 2066
Post: Vision Foundation, 18 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AA
Please do let us know if you have decided to include Vision Foundation in your Will. We are so grateful for your support.
How gifts in Wills make a difference
Gifts left in Wills can go directly to supporting a vast array of amazing projects, which may not exist without your generous support.
By thinking about our life and what kind of legacy we want to leave, we would like to encourage you to think about these projects and how they have inspired wonderful change amongst the sight loss community. A gift in your Will can inspire positive change for years to come too.