As the weather warms up this spring, why not make the most of the sunshine and help us support the visually impaired community?
1) Choose your distance and get running
Whether you’re new to running, or a marathon master, it’s the perfect time of year to lace up your favourite trainers and start moving. If staying motivated is something you can stumble on, try setting a fundraising target to spur you on and share your success with your friends and family! Here are some great resources to get you off the starting blocks…
- Couch to 5k is a great programme for new or returning runners.
- Park Run will highlight free, 5k runs in your local area.
- Find a Race has a bursting portfolio of runs of all lengths, all over the UK!
2) Time for a Spring Clean?
Declutter your home and transform the lives of blind and partially sighted people – what a way to spend the Bank Holiday break! Here’s 3 easy ways to show your support…
- Book a stand at your local car boot sale and sell your unwanted items to raise funds for Vision Foundation. Remember to request your t-shirts and posters from our fundraising team ahead of the sale by emailing email@example.com
- List items for sale online using eBay. When you list an item for sale you can select an option for a percentage of the sale to be donated to support our work.
- Donate your pre-loved treasure to one of our charity shops! Did you know each bag of donations is worth an incredible £30 to us?
3) Make an impact, whilst making friends as a Team Vision Volunteer
Explore our range of volunteering opportunities and find a role that works for you! From photographing our exciting challenge events, to working closely with our local communities through our charity shops – there is something for everyone on Team Vision. Check out our current opportunities and register your interest here.
4) Face your fears and sign up for a skydive
Take it to the next level and get ready to experience a rush like no other! It’s never been easier to take the 7000 ft plunge, simply register your interest with our friendly Fundraising team here.
5) Take on 250 for Vision Foundation
Every day 250 people are told they are losing their sight. Raise awareness of sight loss, whilst raising funds to support people in the visually impaired community. Simply follow these 4 steps to get involved…
- Choose your challenge: walking, running, cycling or swimming; cake-baking or singing; dancing, planting or knitting – it’s all up for grabs!
- Decide your 250 goal: it could be 250 minutes, involve 250 steps or laps, 250 repetitions or creating 250 items.
- Pick a time frame that suits you – complete it all in one go, spread it across a month, 250 days, or anything in between.
- Choose your fundraising target. We suggest you aim to raise £100 but it’s up to you. Whatever you can fundraise will have a huge impact on the visually impaired community.